Tuesday, April 22, 2008

YEAH! Inventor of the Year!


Well, I don't have the award pics downloaded yet, but for those of you who check my VERY unkept blog, I have exciting news!
Lauren entered the Invent America Invention Convention and did great! She was also awarded Inventor of the Year. What an honor! Her invention is called the Fire Alert, and it is an outdoor smoke detector that automatically calls the owner's home and cell phone, and fire department if smoke is in the area.
Okay, I know I've done my fair share of griping about the amount of time we ALL spent helping with this major endeavor, but, again, it was all worth it to see the smile of achievement across her sweet face! I'm so proud!
This is a pic of Lauren interviewing Ed Ramos (EMT and Volunteer Fireman)





4 comments:

Shelley said...

Yeah Lauren! We are so proud of you! (Hate to break it to you mom and dad, but I am sure you WILL be participating next year!)

kristi said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea. Congratulations Lauren.

The Poe Family said...

My team of teachers make fun of me because I tear up every year at the invention convention. This year was no different. My heart just goes out to all the kids that spend so much time getting their ideas together. Then when I see their sweet faces getting their awards...it's just too much for me. She did great and she looked so precious. Congrats!!!!

Betsy said...

Way to go, Lauren!!